sábado, 7 de julio de 2018

New life: Singapore

Good morning Singapore!

Here I am in the most luxurious and half-empty metro that I have ever seen. Where is everybody? Is it financially sustainable having such a luxurious metro, if there are not enough customers? Who is financing this?

Dora can’t stop throwing questions without answers. The very few people around me -does anyone want to squeeze me?- look like an exotic mixed version of Chinese and Indian people, and all of them having one thing in common: sandals. Apologies in advance in case this very basic description annoys any of my dearest surreal readers; it is never the intention from Dora...

I must admit that my stay in China was so intense that I did not even have time to prepare properly my trip to Singapore, so here I am in this luxurious half-empty train searching: things to do in Singapore. Yes, google works again!

This time, my traveling team, my bags, my tennis racket and this españolito arrived to the hotel without any single problem: unbelievable!! The very smily faces that welcomed us at the reception predicted a very happy stay: Smiling is contagious.

That same evening we went to the famous Marina Bay Sands hotel to see the night light&music show: very impressive the architecture of the building and the whole atmosphere at the Marina Bay. It seems that no one here cares about the electricity cost. How different life can be depending on your birth or residence place... Dora and her internal thoughts...


The day after, I woke up early in the morning -ignoring Morpheus and his capricious changing sense of humor- to go running. Although my body was a little bit rusted after one week of no running at all in the polluted China, and despite the humidity of the air, I could not eliminate the smile from my face during the whole running circuit around the Marina Bay: “Here we are... Who would have thought this two months ago...? Life is so unpredictable... “

After running, we visited the largest glass greenhouse in the world: Gardens by the Bay. It is facinating just walking around and being able to see all these varieties of plants and flowers. One feels like being in a another world. I know of one person, who would have loved so much being able to see this place. The person who developed, produced and brought this españolito to this world was a huge fan of all kinds of plants and flowers, and she could name them all, no matter how strange the name of the flower was. She was fantastic.



No idea the name of this flower but it is yellow: my favourite color
After compromising ourselves with the sustainable energy for the sake of our planet, we of course had a mojito at the most famous roof-top pool in the world. It is quite funny to see everybody, with or without couple, doing all kinds of poses and gestures in or at the pool with the skyline of Singapore as background, in order to get the best selfie: Darwin’s theory of evolution.


And that was pretty much my stay in Singapore: some walking through the streets next to my hotel to see that this country also has a history -although this time I did not deep dive too much into it- aside from the formel one and the luxury life, and that was it: Singapore always in my heart.


And now here we are at the pool of my hotel getting mentally prepared for the incredible India. I must recognize that I am really worried about the safety and healthy conditions of India, so I have decided to have an airport shuttle organized by my hotel in Delhi to pick me up at the Indira Gandhi airport.

My flight from Singapore will arrive to Delhi at three in the morning, so we do not want to take any risks... Fingers crossed that I will see the driver with a board and my name on it.

Dionysus help us...

To be continued 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario