jueves, 14 de junio de 2018

New life: Miami 2

Gloria Estefan did not show up for our appointment. Too bad for her... How could I ever thought that I would meet her just by going to her restaurant? “Dreamer”. Well, at least I tried the empanadas from her grand mother Consuelo García, who emigrated from Cuba to Miami in 1962. And based on what I have seen in Miami, I assume -the unlimited power of suspicion- that Consuelo was not the only person from that seems-to-be wonderful Caribbean island looking for a better life.

Larios on the beach
Mojito (in case you were wondering, the long thing with the Cuban flag on top is sugar plant)
Miami South Beach: nightlife

I really loved Miami -expectations fulfilled- but the round-the-world trip needed to go on: this españolito is definitely more impatient than Willy Fog and his beautiful lioness girlfriend. I hope one day I can improve that skill: patience

During Day 3, my racket and myself managed to get to the next stop: Venice Beach (Los Angeles), where Murphy had prepared a nice surprise for me.


A new member of the trip that I forgot to mention: my tennis racket. Everything has a meaning in life -we just need to find it- but you guys, my dearest surreal readers, will at least understand very soon the reason for travelling with my tennis racket.

But back to Murphy. I have no words to describe him... We arrived last night to Venice Beach, as planned, and everything was initially perfect. I really like Venice Beach a lot. It is a wonderful natural place with a mix of multicolored people, who have one thing in common: live life to the fullest. 

Lovely sunsets, amazing beaches, nice people, cool shops and restaurants... But it is also fair to say that Venice is a little bit over the top: homeless people and drunk/drug addicts are present.

I was quite happy with my apartment but my everything-but-muscled body was a bit confused and did not know anymore, when it was time to go to sleep. Miami is six hours behind the time of my still city of residence in Germany and the local time in Venice Beach is three additional hours behind... Wow! I have just realized that I am almost one day younger!! Anyway...The fact is that I was so tired that I went automatically to sleep. 

Morpheus accepted me very quickly in his paradise, as always, with his little angels and stuff around... but suddenly something happened. Morpheus kicked me out of his cloud very abruptly!! Somebody broke the window of my apartment in the middle of the night and the noise was so loud that I moved from Morpheus’ paradise to a state of shock in cero coma seconds.

- Oh my God! What was that? Hello? There I was in the middle of the night shouting surprisingly in English -the power of integration into the environment- without knowing what to do. 
- Na toll!! German expression that comes out of my mouth senselessly while thinking. 

I decide to call the police and the owner of the apartment. Dora can only remember the number 911. 

- Police: Lock the doors and don’t get out of the house! If somebody tries to get in, please call us again. 
- Doors are locked. The window has bars outside and I will not go anywhere. Thanks. 
- Owner: Don’t worry, it is normal in Venice Beach that some drunk people brake windows from time to time. It happens once a year.
- “Great. He has a statistical study”. 

At the end nothing happened. The police arrived one hour later with their lantern -I was already on the way back from the status of shock to Morpheus’ paradise- and actually they were quite friendly.  They just confirmed the statistical study from the owner and filled a report called: vandalism. 

One of the police men was from San Francisco and before they left, he even gave me some recommendations for my next stop in this crazy but so far fantastic Willy-Fog trip: San Francisco. I almost felt like inviting them for a gintonic.





3 comentarios:

  1. A lot of adventure in just few days
    Enjoy your gap year... I'll follow your hilarious entries in your blog.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar