lunes, 16 de julio de 2018

New life: Tel Aviv

The world upside-down: Welcome to Tel Aviv!


This is exactly how I feel, upside down, while running happily along the beach of Tel Aviv early in the morning. The city is really cool: new, old, modern, historical and, above all, full of life. Anywhere you go, you find nice people, good food, nice bars, restaurants, the beach... Carpe Diem!

I run with a sticky smile on my face, even singing loudly from time to time the official song of this crazy trip -Dream on-, and also the other ones from my playlist: new life. If before yesterday I was totally down, today I am definitely up; tomorrow, only Lola knows...

But no matter what, always keep running and moving forward. I guess, this is what life is about; but I am just guessing...

The street of my hotel in Tel Aviv.
Anyway, after enjoying a really lovely and relaxing first day in Tel Aviv, I decided to discover the famous nightlife of the city. At this point of my life (thirty something...), I am not a nightlife boy man anymore, but being here alone, I somehow feel like giving it a try... Chispa & Dora were both shouting: go, go, go!!

Dressed like a perfect thirty-something-year-old western guy, who has been traveling around the world for the last five weeks (my favourite yellow shorts have developed some kind of graffitis), I enter one of the coolest rooftops in Tel Aviv: “Don't worry, the blue shirt is saving you; just smile...”


- One gin tonic please.
- Where are you from? The twenty-something-year-old waiter has an urgent necessity to know where I was from...
- From Spain..., but I have been lately everywhere but in Spain. ”I hope, he does not look to my shorts...".
- I love Spain. I lived three months in Madrid...

Immediately, he starts proving his Spanish skills, of course without me asking anything:

- Yo español, hablo, un poquito...
- Ah, pues muy bien... (Ah, very well Manuel).

After some friendly but going-nowhere conversation:

- How much is the gin tonic?
- Ah, you are not from the private event?
- No, not really. No one told me anything... “Great, just what I needed. Allí me colé y en tu fiesta me planté, CocaCola para todos y algo de comer”. (For my dearest non-Spanish readers, this is just a famous Spanish song of someone crashing a party). 

Suddenly I feel like drinking my gin tonic down in one.

- Don't worry. Pay your gin tonic -fifty one shekel- and just stay...

After some walking around -I don’t know you, and you don’t know me-, some pictures here and there, and when I am already seriously considering the possibility of ordering my second gin tonic, suddenly the nice Cuban music from the DJ is coitus interrupted by a man announcing something in Hebrew with a microphone. I assume, by the way people are reacting to his words, that he is asking everybody to get closer to him... Everybody starts laughing and clapping.

At that point of time, in order to avoid the question “and who are you?”, I decide that maybe it is time to retreat... "One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. Turn left. One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. Turn left again. Open the door and take the lift. We are out. Mission acomplished..."

My batteries are full of positive vibes again and on the way back to the hotel, we will decide to change the plan for tomorrow (if ever there was a plan): Let us immerse tomorrow in the history of Jerusalem.

I am so much looking forward to it...

To be continued


2 comentarios:

  1. Hola Oscar - Julia Boyce from Dallas here. Where are the pics and stories from Petra? I was sure we would make your blog :) Hope you are well and that your travels continue to be informative, entertaining and life changing.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It is being cooked... Soon online :) That was a big day

      Eliminar