domingo, 15 de julio de 2018

New life: Tel Aviv (on the way)

As we go throgh the never-endig security controls at the Indhira Gandhi International Airport of Delhi, I can't believe that we are finally going to leave India. Chispa & Dora are overwhelmingly happy and relieved.

I am really sorry for those of you, my dearest surreal readers, who love India and might be sad reading my not very happy experience there but, believe me, I have just tried to write very carefully, from the bottom of my heart, how I felt from the very first minute we landed in Delhi.

Yes, India is a fascinating country full of history and really beautiful mausoleums, temples, mosques, forts etc. And I am sure, it is also full of nice people with good intentions and good hearts. However, seeing so much poverty and dirtiness on the streets, and so many people trying continuously to get something from you (how to know, whom you can trust?) was definitely too much for me...

If one can´t visit a city by him/herself, walking freely and quietly on the streets and searching for those, for sure, good people with good hearts, then it is definitely not a nice feeling...

Incredible India, yes, but unfair and hard as well.

...

As I wake up, we are already flying over Istanbul. Suddenly, I see the Bosphorus bridge: the bridge connecting Europe and Asia.

Willy Fog is not coming back to Europe yet, it is just the way chosen by Turkish Airlines to fly from Delhi to Tel Aviv. A second bridge catches my attention, and I take another picture... "Which one was it then the real Bosphorus bridge?" From that moment on, I would decide to take pictures of every bridge seen from the sky... Some days later, I would learn that there are already three Bosphorus bridges connecting Asia and Europe: Black Sea on one side and Marmara Sea, Aegean and Mediterranean Sea on the other. And for my dearest surreal readers, please see below one of them: the newest one.




The huge and very comfortable plane -Turskish Airlines is really recommendable- is runnig out of wine. One of the passengers is too excited, apparently for having left India some hours ago, and has decided to celebrate it on board together with Dionysus. Chispa & Dora are drunk of feelings: happiness, relief, freedom, nostalgia, curiosity, concerns, love...

During that celebration over the clouds, the official song of this crazy #roundtheworldtrip would be selected by the prestige votes of my feelings: Dream on (Amy McDonald). I am totally stuck in a musical loop...

Suddenly, a very friendly stewardess asks me to fasten my seat belt and put my seat back in upright position. I start seeing the beaches of Tel Aviv, and Chispa & Dora get an overdose of excitement while thinking about the implications of this politically unstable region in the Middle East. Israel shares borders with Lebanon to the north-west, with Siria -seven years later nobody really understands this war- and the Golan Heights to the north-east, West Bank and Jordan to the east, Egypt and the Gaza Strip to the south, and the Mediterranean Sea to the west.

The West Bank, the Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem are claimed by the State of Palestine, and most of these areas are occupied by Israel since 1967, as a consequence of the Six-Day war.

- "Here we are. Didn’t we want adventures?”

To be continued



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario