miércoles, 4 de julio de 2018

New life: Beijing roasted duck

Beijing, let us say, is a very beautiful and interesting historical city, but with some aspects that I personally did not like: for example the arguable education of some people. But this a very subjetiv opinion, like pretty much the entire blog.

Honestly writing, I got a little bit tired of people pushing me when entering or exiting a public place, not respecting the queues -“didn’t he see me also waiting here?”-, spitting on a very big scale in front of anyone and, in summary, not caring too much about others... But, again, maybe this was a wrong first impression created after staying there only four days.

When we came back from that surreal Yuyu-tour to the Great Wall, the funny thing was that I had a dinner with one of my best friends from Spain-twelve points. He was casually in Beijing on business trip. You can not imagine, or maybe yes, you can, the amazing feeling of hugging one of your best friends in the middle of a very crowdy street in Beijing: together till the end of the world.

Do you remember the Chinese girls that I met in Miami? Wendy and Fola. No? Oh my God -Dyonisus-, your memory brain cells -whatever they are called- are even worse than Dora: omega3- free round for everyone... You guys can click on their names to read again the post from Miami.

Anyway, in their honor, we were looking for the best roasted duck in Beijing. My new very friendly and polite Chinese friend from the full-of-marble reception of my hotel -the same guy, who sold me the guided tour to the Great Wall- had recommended me his favorite restaurant. For that purpose, he gave me a little piece of paper and some indications that I never understood.


- “Is this supposed to be a clues game? Ok, let us play...”

5F was the number of the floor in the shopping center and a bookstore was the reference to find the building: good duck luck. There we were, the two crazy Spanish friends, without mobile internet data or WiFiXiLing, following the encrypted hints available on that piece of paper, in a street full of shopping centers: Wangfujing, the most crowdy shopping street in Beijing.

After visiting two different shopping centers, going up and down, left and right -like dizzy ducks not roasted yet-, and with my friend putting continuesly the piece of paper on the faces of very patient Chinese girls, we found the restaurant: Da Dong.

Definitely, I was completely wrong about the kindness of the Chinese people; without their guidance, it would have been completely impossible to complete this clues game.






The roasted duck was delicious and a spectacle to see, and sharing this #roundtheworldtrip, at least one evening, with this crazy friend of mine was something that will always remain in this blog.

He disappeared in the metro station without knowing to which train station he needed to go -he is always  like that, so I was not worried at all- and I started walking back to my hotel through the famous Wangfujing street. On the way back -three hundred meters- I rejected several propositions for a drink or massage: no thanks, no thanks, no thanks, no thanks, no thanks...

I arrived to my hotel, I locked the door and I thought: “Ok, tomorrow to Shanghai”.

To be continued

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario